Welcome, About us

Hello and welcome. My name is Sammy L. Pittman, DVM and I am a veterinarian, farrier, and horsemen with a great interest in the field of equine podiatry. My wife and I own and operate Innovative Equine Podiatry and Veterinary Services in Collinsville TX. My passion lies within the health and well being of the hoof to better serve your equine companion. With so much lameness attributed to the lower limb many horses require an out of the box approach to achieve the success desired.
Give us a call and we will be glad to help you in any way we can. Thanks so much.
I will be discussing different Cases and thoughts from our world with the horse. Feel free to contact us via text or call at 918.235.1529 or send an email to iepvs11@gmail.com. Thank you for reading and enjoy

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

White line disease Cases

Hello Everyone,  I am attempting to redesign my blog. I am trying to design to have a page for each disease process of the equine hoof.    This is an update to the severe white line disease case I have been working on for the last few months.  Considerable progress has been made noted by good hoof wall growth free of fungal invasion and good sole depth recovery.  The foot has regenerated and is looking more like a foot should.  One area on the lateral (outside) toe of the right front that has not responded and has invaded the new growth.  During this visit I completely removed all horn affected and this is the only spot that I needed to remove part of the new growth.

I was able to get a couple of nails in the heel region but mostly nails are glued to the inner layers of horn wall.  Please look back at the previous months post's to see pictures and radiographs.  After the pictures I wrapped a 3" casting tape for added security but removed any glue or cast material over the Lateral toe site so the owner could clean and treat with keratex hoof hardener, but mostly keep it open to the air.









No comments:

Post a Comment